Whenever I go to Disney with my kids, I look for a few key factors in the rides I take them to: characters they recognize, no scary surprises and a storyline they can follow. If a ride has these three things, I’m sure my kids will love it. Based on this –and on their enthusiastic response–, here are some of my kids favorite rides:
At Magic Kingdom:
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant is really popular with toddlers, so you should try to get there early!
- At Cinderella’s Golden Carousel, my kids love the feeling of riding a real horse, but there are also carriages in the ride.
- The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm is what my kids consider it a “big kid” ride, but they still have so much fun on it.
At Animal Kingdom, the Kilimanjaro Safaris is a ride my kids want to take as many times as possible. They love to see all kinds of exotic animals up close.
- The Journey into Imagination with Figment is a ride that both my children and I love, even though it does have a couple of dark parts that scared them at first. The Imageworks play area at the end is also one of their favorites.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends is super appealing to my kids. Not only do they get to feel like they are helping bring Nemo back home, just like in the movie, but they also get to see many different sea creatures up close as well.